I believe there is wisdom in having an emergency food supply. After doing my research, I chose Thrive Life freeze dried foods to build my supply. What originally drew me to Thrive was the ability to have a high quality, reliable food supply in case of a regional emergency or personal crisis.
The majority of Thrive Life freeze dried foods have a 25 year shelf life when they are unopened and stored properly, plus they have a full range from all food groups. It makes for a great tasting emergency food supply that you won’t get tired of eating. It is a direct sales style company, and I have chosen to become an independent consultant with them to get the maximum benefit from my purchases and to share this amazing food with others.
There are numerous reasons a Thrive Life emergency food supply could benefit your family. Here are a few scenarios:
1. There is an interruption to the food supply because of a natural disaster somewhere in the world. There are numerous recent examples of produce jumping way up in price. But with Thrive Life, you can still enjoy fresh, nutritious produce without breaking the bank because you already bought some for your emergency supply before prices went up.
2. You can’t get out of your home because of a severe storm, or you have to leave your home in a rush to be safe (this happened to many Calgarians in the 2013 flood!) Thrive Life food can either help you weather the storm at home, or can be easily packed into the back of your vehicle to take with you. With Thrive Life, you have the added benefit of being able to eat any of it right from the can if you do not have electricity to cook with or enough clean water to rehydrate it.
3. There is political and/or civil upheaval. Maybe riots are happening in your city and it’s not safe to go out. Martial law might even be put into effect. Just stay at home and cook up some delish Thrive recipes!
4. There is an economic collapse and a run on the banks. There is panic and disorder. You cannot access your money. Many people are standing in long, tedious lineups with cranky people to get food for their family. Not you! You have your emergency supply.
5. You have had a personal crisis (death in the family, injury, sudden loss of income or major unexpected expense, etc) and it is very difficult to get out to buy groceries and cook meals. This is also a time to consider dipping into an emergency food supply that allows you to make yummy meals with minimal prep time and minimal effort.
While we would like to think these scenarios wouldn’t happen, recent events including severe weather, violent protests, disillusionment with politicians, terrorism attacks and economic uncertainty all point to the wisdom in understanding the times we live in and being prepared. You don’t want to be the one hoping others take pity on you during a crisis. I would rather be in a position to help others than be the one relying on others’ kindness.
Now of course, Thrive Life isn’t the only emergency food option out there. But here are a few reasons why I think it is far superior to any other option I have researched.
1. Thanks to Nutrilock technology, most Thrive Life products have a 25+ year shelf life provided they are unopened and stored properly (I store mine in a cold room, though this isn’t necessary. Room temperature of 75 degrees F or less works). You won’t be throwing your emergency supply out and restocking every five or so years!
2. Thrive Life tastes great and is easy to use. You don’t need a lot of tools to eat it as the produce is already chopped up and the meats are precooked and diced. Ideally you will still be able to rehydrate and mix together foods to make meals, but if not, the food is edible and nutritious right from the can.
3. Thrive Life is nutritionally superior to many other options, including grocery store fresh produce, frozen and canned food. Because it is picked when ripe and flash frozen within a few hours using minimal heat to preserve the full nutritional spectrum, you are getting the nutrients you need to keep your body healthy during a stressful situation, without MSG, salts, sugar, hydrogenated oils, preservatives, hormones (in the meats) or artificial flavours and colours. Freeze dried foods typically have 95% or more nutritional value of their fresh food equivalents and the enzymes remain intact. A crisis is not the time to be eating nutritionally deficient, subpar food!
4. I have seen other freeze dried food marketed with similar benefits as Thrive Life, but it is not as pure of a product and it costs more! There are so many ways to save money and even get free food with Thrive, that having a quality emergency supply is a feasible goal for most families.
Have I convinced you yet? Check out the great Thrive Life food selection at https://canada.thrivelife.com/kmeyers or contact me so I can share some of those great deals I mentioned above.
*I am a Thrive Life Independent Consultant. You can read about why I chose this is an additional income for my family right here.