Summer is coming, and I am all set to go in the Popsicle making department! This is my Pampered Chef Quicksicle Maker review, AKA my new favourite tool for avoiding toddler meltdowns. Plus I’ve included two yummy recipes: No Added Sugar Strawberry Limeade Popsicles using Stevia, and Pina Colada Popsicles for the adults!
Scroll through this post for:
- Quicksicle Maker Review
- Strawberry Limeade Popsicle (Quicksicle) recipe – I use stevia instead of sugar so it’s healthy!
- Pina Colada Popsicle (Quicksicle) recipe – I include options for with or without alcohol
As you know, I like supporting other mompreneurs with home businesses, so if you would like to check out the Quicksicle Maker or anything else from Pampered Chef, please use this link to my friend Carrie’s business, if you don’t know an Independent Consultant already.
Quicksicle Maker Review: It’s the Bomb!
So you might be asking, why do I need a fancy popsicle maker? Can’t I just use any old popsicle mold? I hope through this brief Quicksicle Maker review you’ll see why I love it.
It’s all in the name. You can really make popsicles in 10 minutes! Heck yes! It means no need to plan in advance, which is great for busy, barely have time to plan dinner, let alone popsicles, moms like me!
Avoid the Meltdown…
As in, your toddler melting down… not the popsicle! Have you ever tried explaining to a two year old that “Now that we’ve made the popsicles, we need to wait three hours for them to be ready to eat.” Cue the meltdown!
I’ve discovered a foolproof way to ensure an epic toddler meltdown this summer: let your children know you made popsicles but they need to freeze for at least three hours before anyone can eat them.
— Kayleigh Rose (@KayleighRoses) June 7, 2018
It’s also pretty amazing how easy it is to take it out of the mold. No using a knife, running under hot water, etc. Your toddler can do it, as demonstrated by Carrie’s son in the video below! Isn’t he adorable?
Check out this Quicksicle Maker review video to see how easy it really is, plus get a few tips for making the perfect Quicksicle!
Other things I love about it
- The larger, grippy handles make it easy for children to hold. (In this picture, my 2 and 3 year olds were able to finish their entire quicksicles without accidents or needing my help).
- It’s easy to wash and many of the pieces are dishwasher safe
- All reusable parts
- It’s not just for kids – my hubby and guests loved this Pina Colada quicksicle with coconut rum (see recipe below!)
- It’s an easy way to keep children hydrated in the summer, using low or no sugar recipes like the one in the video.
For me there are two “cons” to the Quicksicle Maker that, to make this a fair review, I should point out. First off price – at $75 (Canadian), it certainly it isn’t your lowest cost option for making popsicles! And you have to make sure that you are able to get the popsicle sticks back from children or guests. But, the good news is that with Pampered Chef being a social sales style business, you can be a “party” host and get host credits! That’s a great way to get a pricier item, and Pampered Chef works well for online (Facebook) parties too.
Here is Carrie’s store link again. I am not making income from you buying from her in any way – I just like to support other women who run their home businesses with professionalism while taking good care of their customers.
Now that you know a little more from my Pampered Chef Quicksicle Maker review, on to the tasty part! And a little disclosure…
Thrive Life is an online grocery store, which sells the freeze dried ingredients included in these recipes. You can buy the freeze dried strawberries, Summer Limeade, or Coconut Bites (so yummy!) here. Please note, the Limeade is a seasonal product that is only available while supplies last. You can shop through my affiliate link to get wholesale pricing and free shipping on $100+ orders. I will make a small commission from your order, which helps cover the cost of my blog! (More info at the end of this article).
Strawberry Limeade Popsicles with Stevia
This is the recipe you saw us make in the video above. You can double it to do two freezes (six sticks). Here is a close up of this yummy summer dessert!
Strawberry Limeade Quicksicles
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries powdered
- 6 slices strawberry
- 2 tsp Thrive Life Limeade
- 2 tsp Stevia
- 1 cup cold water
- Powder the freeze dried strawberries (dry) in a blender or food processor. Put into a glass measuring cup (with a pour spout).
- Add in Limeade, stevia and cold water. Stir together until well mixed.
- Put a couple strawberry slices along the side of the Quicksicle pops as shown in the video. Put the Quicksicle handles in the molds. Then pour in the liquid into the molds.
- Wait 10 minutes for it to freeze, putting it back in the fridge/freezer if your house is quite warm.
Pina Colada Popsicles (with Coconut Rum)
And now one for the adults! So I have had great success using my Thrive Life pineapples and coconut bites in my own Pina Coladas, as you can see in my Instagram post below.
For the popsicles, you could also powder Thrive Life pineapple, though for simplicity’s sake (and to save my yummy pineapples that I love to snack on) I opted for pineapple juice. But the Thrive Life Coconut Bites are a fun way to bring out more coconut flavour, and add pizazz to your popsicle. Just dampen them, and put a few into the bottom of your molds before you pour in the liquid.
If you do not want rum, you could also use a coconut milk for a creamy version, or do half of each.
Pina Colada Quicksicles
- 1.5 tbsp Thrive Life Coconut Bites dampened
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice cold
- 1/3 cup Malibu coconut rum (alternative: coconut milk)
- Mix pineapple juice and rum (or coconut milk) together in glass measuring cup (with a pour spout).
- Dampen the coconut bites in the liquid mixture before placing them in the bottom of your Quicksickle molds.
- Place the Quicksicle handles in the molds. Pour in the liquid equally among the three molds.
- Let freeze for 10 minutes, placing the Quicksicle Maker back in your fridge or freezer if your home is warm.
Taste and See the Thriving Life!
Thrive Life foods are one of my favourite mom hacks and sanity savers! Plus this online grocery store is super flexible. You can join their deliveries to get all the perks but skip or cancel at any time. Read more Thrive Life blog posts or check out these links:
- COUPON: Get 20% off your first custom order.
- NEWBIE PACKS: Get $20 or $15 off and free shipping on everything. Fellow Canadian? Go here.
- FOODIES PRIVATE GROUP: Tune in to my private facebook group for giveaways, recipe ideas, latest product news and more
What are your favourite homemade Popsicle recipes? Did this Quicksicle Maker review make you curious to try it? Let me know in the comments!